QuRated Tech exists to make LGBTQ travel discrimination free. We aim to build connections between LGBTQ people and LGBTQ friendly businesses to create a world more open and inclusive.
Our goal is to build a world where anyone can belong worldwide with no form of discrimination. By creating a platform built on trust to be the ‘most trusted LGBTQ brand’. A huge part of earning the LGBTQ communities trust is by being 100% clear about how we use their information and protecting your right to privacy.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the QuRated Platform.
- We collect personal information about you when you use the QuRated Platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. This information may include:
Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address and profile photo if you choose to upload, some of which will depend on the different features you choose to use.
2.2 Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information
- Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, and a personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us.
When you use the QuRated Platform and Payment Services, we will automatically
collect personal information. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
2.3 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We do NOT at present collect personal information from other sources
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop a better QuRated Platform. Such as to:
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, such as your friends or co-traveller details, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your trip details and facilitate trip planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the QuRated Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Sharing ONLY With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as allowing your QuRated friends to see your booked travel locations to enable them to connect and meeting you during these trips.
Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traffic to QuRated, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate interaction between Members, we may with your consent share
certain information such as:
- When a booking is made, the location and dates of travel.
- When you as a member invites additional members to book similar travel dates, Accommodation details and event details.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
- Listing pages that include information such as your trip accommodation details and event you will attend, profile photo, and additional information you choose to share.
Information you share publicly on the QuRated Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines.
4.4 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting our Rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities if requested and reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) comply with a valid legal request (such as a subpoena or court order) or to respond to any claims asserted against QuRated, (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability.
4.5 Notifying Members
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is not prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to QuRated, our Members, or expose QuRated to a claim of obstruction of justice.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law.
5.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your QuRated Account to a third-party service, such as Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
5.2 Data Erasure.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a QuRated Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that QuRated Account to prevent that Member from opening a new QuRated Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION AND RESPONSIBLE QURATED ENTITIES